Immigration Blog

April 10, 2022


Change of Address

WHEN YOU MOVE, REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS WITH USCIS (Immigration)—Form AR 11 and EOIR (Immigration Court)—EOIR form E-33

USCIS – Immigration – Change of Address – Form AR-11

If you are not a United States Citizen, submitting a change of address to USCIS (Immigration) or EOIR (Immigration Court), is a requirement.

If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR – green card holder) or if you have an application pending with USCIS (Immigration), or you have a case pending before the EOIR (Immigration Court), you must submit a change of address form when you move.

If you do not have a case pending with the Executive Office of Immigration Review (Immigration Court), then you must submit form AR-11 to USCIS (Immigration).  If you have an online account, log into your account and submit form AR-11.

If you filed under any of the following categories, you must submit your Form AR-11 to the Vermont Service Center.

  • Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (as a VAWA self-petitioner);
  • Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (as an abused spouse under the Cuban Adjustment Act; as an abused spouse, parent, or child under VAWA; or as a T or U nonimmigrant);
  • Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, filed by VAWA self-petitioners and T/U nonimmigrants;
  • Form I-765V, Application for Employment Authorization for Abused Nonimmigrant Spouse;
  • Form I-914, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status;
  • Form I-914, Supplement A, Application for Family Member of T-1 Recipient;
  • Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status;
  • Form I-918, Supplement A, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of U-1 Recipient; or
  • Form I-929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of U-1 Nonimmigrant

If you fall into one of the above categories, mail your AR-11 (change of address form) to this address:

U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: Humanitarian Division
Vermont Service Center
38 River Road
Essex Junction, VT 05479-0001

If you filed form i-751 (Removal of conditions on the 2 year LPR card) based on abuse, then you must look at your receipt number to know where to file your change of address.

If the receipt number for your Form I-751 abuse waiver begins with:Then mail your Form AR-11 to:
EACUSCIS Vermont Service Center
Attn: Humanitarian Division
38 River Road
Essex Junction, VT 05479-0001
LINUSCIS Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87918
Lincoln, NE 68501-7918
MSCNational Benefits Center
P.O. Box 648006
Lee’s Summit, MO 64002
SRCUSCIS Texas Service Center
6046 N Belt Line Rd.
Irving, TX 75038-0001
WACUSCIS California Service Center
Attn: Customer Service Section/SA
P.O. Box 10751
Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075
YSCPotomac Service Center
2200 Potomac Center Drive, MS 2425
Arlington, VA 20598-2425

When sending mail to USCIS, it’s best to send it via certified return receipt mail.  This ensures you have proof that you updated your address with USCIS.

All other categories of applications may file their change of address AR-11 online at

Please note that changing your address with the US POSTAL SERVICE will not update your address with USCIS.


 You must file form EOIR 33 with the Immigration court that has your file and a copy of the Form EOIR 33 (change of address with immigration court) must also be filed with the Local ICE attorney’s office.  A separate form EOIR 33 must be filed for each family member on the same case if all members have moved.

So for instance, if your case is at the Portland, OR Immigration Court (EOIR), you would fill out and print this form EOIR 33 —

You would then make a copy and send it to the local ICE attorney’s office (OPLA) at 1220 SW 3rd Ave, Ste. 300, Portland, OR 97204 & you would send the original form to the Portland, OR EOIR (Immigration Court) at 1220 SW 3rd Ave, Ste. 500, Portland, OR 97204.

You are legally required to submit form EOIR 33 within 5 days of moving.  If you forgot or didn’t do so within 5 days, send it as soon as possible.


If you fail to file the change of address with USCIS / Immigration willfully or intentionally, it is a misdemeanor (crime) that is punishable for up to 30 days in jail and a $200 fine.

Failure to file form E-33 (change of address) properly with the EOIR (Immigration court) that is presiding over your case, may result in a deportation order if the court mails you a time, date and place of your hearing, and you don’t show up because the mail was sent to your old address, and you failed to update your address with the court.  Currently, we are getting many rescheduled hearings and keeping your address up to date is important so that you stay informed and don’t miss a court date.

We represent clients in all types of immigration matters, please give us a call at Bailey Immigration (866) 521-6422 for a free telephone consultation.