Immigration Blog


June 3, 2021

What to Expect During a Spousal (Marriage) Interview with Immigration (USCIS)

Application Typically, Spousal (Marriage) Interviews in the USA are done when an application for Adjustment of Status (Form i485), sometimes together with the Family Petition (I-130), are filed in the United States when the foreign national spouse is in the USA. Not all spouses of United States Citizens or Legal Permanent Residents are eligible to […]


May 26, 2021

Immigration & Criminal Records

First and foremost, if you have a criminal record and are applying for an immigration benefit, talk to an experienced immigration attorney. There are crimes that will not pose a problem for your immigration application, crimes that may require a waiver and a qualifying relative to help you with that waiver, and there are crimes […]


May 19, 2021

DACA and Travel Outside the USA With Advance Parole

If you are a Dreamer and have DACA status, you may be able to travel outside the USA if you obtain Advance Parole before travelling abroad.  Advance Parole is permission to re-enter the United States under the status of Advance Parole. Note: A DACA recipient must have permission to travel outside of the USA before […]


April 30, 2021

New Supreme Court Ruling On How To Calculate Continuous Presence for Cancellation of Removal — e42b

Many Immigrants in Removal Proceedings May Benefit from the US Supreme’s Court’s Ruling on April 29, 2021 On How to Calculate Whether An Undocumented Individual Has 10 Years of Continuous Presence To Apply For Cancellation of Removal On April 29, 2021 the US Supreme Court ruled in Niz-Chavez v. Garland that a charging document (Notice […]


April 22, 2021

Good Moral Character For Citizenship Applications

USCIS requires any citizenship applicant to have at least five years of good moral character, or three years if the petitioner is currently married and living with a USC spouse. Such good moral character will need to be maintained throughout the time the application is pending and being processed, to the oath of allegiance. It […]


April 4, 2021


Naturalization/Citizenship is a process in which Legal Permanent Residents voluntarily apply to become an American Citizen.    Who can apply for Citizenship? There are many ways you can gain citizenship in the United States. Some of the ways are being born in the U.S, through the military, deriving citizenship from family members, or applying for […]


March 22, 2021

What is a Work Permit (Employment Authorization Document)?

A Work Permit, also known as employment authorization document (EAD) allows certain immigrants to legally work in the United States for a certain amount of time. The authorization itself does not grant immigration status, only permission to work, request a Social Security Number and a driver’s license, in case the applicant hasn’t been granted one […]


March 10, 2021

What is Parole In Place?

Parole In place is a discretionary program established during the Obama administration that allows parents, children or spouses of Military personnel or Veterans to obtain a lawful immigration status. A Parole in Place itself does not lead to any immigration status or other immigration benefit. After receiving Parole In Place, you can apply for a […]


December 7, 2020


INITIAL Dreamer DACA applications ARE being ACCEPTED. RENEWAL APPLICATIONS are being accepted. ADVANCE PAROLE applications are being accepted. Another court in Texas may make a decision that will impact DACA & Advance Parole so there may only be a small window of time to apply.  This court may make a decision on December 22, 2020.  […]


November 24, 2020

Overview of Immigration Court (Executive Office of Immigration Review – EOIR)

Immigration Court (aka:  Deportation Court) has a formal name called the Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR).  Typically, an undocumented individual or a legal permanent resident or foreign national ends up in Immigration Court after detention at the border, after committing a crime, after having an application denied by Immigration (USCIS), after their visa has […]